June 7, 2019
- SCOPE AND CONSENT
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our goal is to collect and use information to deliver effective and personalized services, as well as for our legitimate business needs and interests.
There are two main types of information we collect about our online users:
- Information that identifies you: This is commonly referred to as ‘personal information’ and includes, for example, information that you provide to us such as your name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address or payment information; and
- Information that relates to you, but on its own does not identify you: Such as information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our online services and information relating to your usage of those services.
There are five main categories of information we collect about our online services users that include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Contact/Registration information: for example, your telephone number or e-mail address; delivery address where you are buying a product or service through an online service.
- Information that you provide as a comment on our blog: including your username. Please use caution when posting to our comments section, as information posted to these portions of the online services is public information.
- Information about the equipment you use to connect to our Site: for example, the type and version of your device’s operating system or web browser.
- Information about your interactions with the Site: for example, your Internet protocol or (IP) address, pages that you visit within the online services, gameplay data or other information collected through Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
We may also receive other information (e.g., content viewed and information about any advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with the online services.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information when you use our online services in three main ways:
- Directly from you, when you provide it to us: for example, when you request a quote or purchase products from us, when you register with us, contact us or otherwise interact with us. Please remember that if others use devices into which you remain logged in, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from the online services you use from shared devices.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information to:
- provide the services you have requested;
- create an online account if you have requested one;
- respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments;
- provide technical support for the online services;
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement) on the online services;
- protect the safety of users and others on the online services;
- enforce our online services’ terms of service;
- understand how online services are used so that we can continuously improve them, and the services we provide to you;
- send you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages; and
- send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us and/or our business partners or other organizations that we work with, in accordance with your communication preferences. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt out of having this information used by some Third Party Service Providers, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page here.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Information shared with trusted third parties:
- Service providers or business partners that we have retained to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: Such as for hosting websites, fulfilling transactions, maintaining databases, providing technology services and platforms, and processing payments. These parties are provided only with the personal information or other information they need to perform their functions and can only use and disclose that information as is necessary to perform the services on our behalf, or to comply with legal requirements. We take steps to ensure that third party service providers will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
- For Mobile Apps: In addition, in relation to Mobile Apps we may share your usage and personal information with operating system, platforms providers, carriers and/or other mobile apps either operated by us or third parties. Please see our Mobile Apps section for additional detail.
If we carry advertisements, information we share with advertisers (including Targeted Advertising)
Some online services, including Mobile Apps, may be supported with advertising, and collect data to help the online services serve ads. This helps keep the cost of online services low or free.
Information shared with other parties
In addition, we may disclose your personal information collected through the online services to law enforcement agencies, government/regulatory bodies, and content protection organizations to:
- Protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents and contractors or other individuals;
- Protect the safety and security of visitors to our online services or other properties;
- Protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- Respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement or public authorities;
- Permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- Comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
- Enforce applicable terms of service
Sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets
We reserve the right to transfer your usage information and personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or assets so that the buyer can continue to offer you the online services. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with reasonable notice of such transfer, or as otherwise required by law. If you do not want your personal information to be processed following such a transfer, you should contact the subsequent owner of the business.
Except where otherwise indicated, Gypsee online services are general audience sites not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 13. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services used by their children. Except where otherwise indicated we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical and physical safeguards for our online services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on our online services. We also ask the service providers that help us deliver our online services to so the same. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our online services. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
Usernames & Passwords
It is important that you protect and maintain the security of any account and that you notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of any Gypsee account. Do not disclose your password to anyone else.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
If you have subscribed to one or more of our email newsletters or are receiving them from us and you don’t want them anymore, you can unsubscribe. Select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message, by other means provided to unsubscribe, or using the contact details below, to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional e-mails. However, you cannot unsubscribe from some service related messages.
For additional information about your choices in relation to Mobile Apps see the Mobile Apps policy.
Advertising/Cookies and Similar Technologies
For more information about your choices for cookies and similar technology (“Cookies and Tracking Technology”) including where such technology is used to provide targeted or other advertising on our online services please see our Cookies and Tracking Technologies policy.
- COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
COOKIE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
What’s a cookie?
A cookie is a small file (most commonly an alphanumeric text file) that is sent by a site’s server to your computer or other device (e.g., mobile phone or tablet computer) through your web browser and then saved onto your computer or device’s persistent storage medium (e.g., hard drive). A cookie can be a record of your visit to a site, including information such as your User Name, registration information, time of last visit, pages viewed, etc. A cookie created by one site’s servers can be retrieved only by that site’s servers. Thus, information in the Gypsee cookies is not accessible to other sites. This type of cookie is called a “first party” cookie.
There is another type of cookie called a “third party” cookie. If you are using website A, and website A uses the services of website B, and if website B were to leave a cookie on your computer or device, that would be considered a “third party” cookie because you are not using website B directly. Some browsers, for example Internet Explorer, are configured to disallow third party cookies by default.
Using Gypsee Games
If your browser is not set to accept cookies, then you can still use the Sites, but only as a visitor.
We also suggest that you do not navigate the Sites with your browser’s “cookie alert” feature enabled. While you certainly could set your browser to alert you each time a cookie is stored to your computer or device, you most likely will find the experience of having to respond to frequent cookie alerts quite frustrating while trying to enjoy your subscription. We suggest that you turn the “cookie alert” feature off, or perhaps use the Sites for a short time with it on, once you’ve seen firsthand how we use the technology.
Without cookie technology, we would not be able to offer you convenient features such as the ability to store your User Name and Password so that you won’t have to sign in each time you come to the Sites.
We use P3P to allow the use of third party cookies within the family of Gypsee’s Sites. P3P (Platform for Privacy Preferences Project) is a protocol that allows websites to declare their intended use of information they collect about web browser users. When this is done some of the default restrictions against third party cookies are relaxed. We do this to allow all of our Sites to use a single database of user information, so that once you register with one of our Sites, you will be able to sign in to any of our Sites.
Other cookies that you may receive during your sessions here are from actual Third Party Service Providers. These Third Party Service Providers may use their own cookies in order to serve surveys or premium content on our Sites.
Third party cookie information for emails.
We, or a data provider we have engaged, may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer or device to enable you to receive customized ads, content or services. No personally identifiable information is placed into these cookies. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these cookies or learn more please go to http://aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Additionally, emails we send may contain a bit of code known as a “web beacon.” This code allows us to understand the time and date of when a user has opened an email and when he/she has utilized a link within the email to visit a website. Our web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information. Users wishing to disable our web beacons should do so by turning images “off” in their email client (e.g., Outlook, Outlook Express). Please see your email client for more information.
So what’s in it for our users and members?
Here’s a quick rundown of what we see as the biggest advantages of using cookies:
- Universal sign in. Once you register with one of our Sites you can use these same credentials on all of our Sites.
- More convenient access. We won’t have to ask you to identify yourself with each new page requested.
- Fewer Sign-ins. Using our “remember me” feature, you can return to our Sites without having to sign in each time.
Will the cookies you send me go away?
Some of our cookies are long term, commonly referred to as “persistent” cookies. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they either expire or are deleted. If they weren’t persistent cookies, we’d need to ask you for certain information with each new session, such as your User Name. Some cookies do expire after a shorter period of time and those cookies are commonly known as “session” cookies. Session cookies stay on your computer or mobile device only until you stop browsing, and if you then close your browser the cookie expires at the end of your browsing session. Remember, however, that all cookies are small files and won’t pose any significant disk-space concerns on your computer.
In fact, most of Gypsee’s cookies expire after 24 hours from their time of issue. Others, such as those required to retain settings you elect (User Name, Password, etc.) will continue to reside on your hard drive for subsequent use by your browser, but are quite small and should not pose any significant disk capacity concern.
You are, of course, free to clear any and all cookies from your hard drive any time you wish; simply search your system for any files named cookie*.* (or similar) and delete these at your discretion. Additionally all major Internet browsers have a feature that allows you to erase or “flush” cookies. This is usually found in the preferences section of your browser. Your browser’s “Help” section should allow you to find this feature.
Remember, however, that deleting these cookies means any long-term settings (such as your stored User Name) will need to be provided the next time you want to use one of the Sites. In that case, when you provide this information again during a new browsing session new cookies will be set to your computer or mobile device.
There are also a number of software and shareware programs available that are designed to periodically purge cookie files from your hard disk. We do not recommend these applications and, as such, cannot address any resulting support issues that may be related to the use of these programs.
- MOBILE APPS (if available)
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW IT IS USED
We have set out the types of information we collect and how that information is used below. The information collected will depend on the functionality of the specific Mobile App you are using and additional information may be collected through the Mobile App as specified in the Mobile App.
|Type of information||
How is it used?
|Unique Device Identifiers||A unique device identifier (or “Unique Device ID”) is an alpha-numeric string of data that can either be part of the hardware of your device or automatically assigned to your device by the operating system or software. We may associate Unique Device IDs with other information and will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined. Unique Device IDs may be used to enable certain features and also to personalize and serve advertising based on your interests and usage of other apps. See “Opt-Outs” in Section 4, below, for information regarding how to limit the use of Unique Device IDs.|
|Location information||When you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some Mobile Apps and other online services require your location information for one or more features to work. Where a Mobile App collects precise information about the location of your device it will be used to provide location services for the Mobile App, and for such things as tagging or check-in. The location-based services offered in connection with our Mobile Apps are for individual use only and should not be used or relied on as an emergency locator system, used while driving or operating vehicles, used in connection with any hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, or any other situation in which the failure or inaccuracy of use of the location-based services could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or property damage. The location-based services are not suited or intended for family finding purposes, fleet tracking, or any other type of business or enterprise use – other products exist today that may be used specifically for these purposes.|
|Log Information||When you use the Mobile App or view content on our websites on a mobile device, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, port numbers, device model and make information, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, battery and memory allocation, boot time, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps We may use log information as specifically indicated in the Mobile App, as well as to assess the performance of our Mobile App or other online services, distinguish your device from others, prevent fraud, provide technical support and/or respond to your needs. We may also use this information to personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some Mobile Apps..|
|Unique Mobile App umbers||When you install or uninstall a Mobile App containing a unique Mobile App number, or when such a service searches for automatic updates, that number may be sent to us. Information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may also be sent to us. We may use the Unique Mobile App numbers as specifically indicated in the Mobile App, as well as to assess the performance of our Mobile App or other online services, prevent fraud, provide technical support, conduct research, generate analytics, address internal online services operations, and/or respond to your needs. We may also use this information to personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some Mobile Apps.|
|Information we may collect through the Mobile App||Subject to the functionality of a particular Mobile App, we may also collect additional information through your use of a Mobile App including (a) your mobile phone number; (b) any name you might have assigned to your device; (c) your contacts/address book; (d) your web browsing history; (e) information concerning other apps you have downloaded or used; (f) other stored information on your device such as videos, photos, photo location, audio, calendar, passwords, dialer, microphone and/or social network credentials. We may use information collected through the Mobile App as specifically indicated in the Mobile App, as well as to assess the performance of our Mobile App or other online services, prevent fraud, provide technical support, conduct research, generate analytics, address internal online services operations, and/or respond to your needs. We may also use this information to personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some Mobile Apps.|
- HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION AND ADVERTISING
Some of our Mobile Apps are supported via advertising, and use third parties to collect data and personalize ads based on your interests and your usage of various apps, web browsing, and other data. Interest-based data may consist of, among other things, Unique Device IDs, log data, or similar information, paired with data regarding which apps you use and related usage data. This advertising helps keeps the cost of online services low or free. Certain analytics companies that we use may also automatically collect data to help us understand how the online service is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We may also work with consumer data resellers that buy and/or sell information to other companies for multiple purposes including offering products and services that may interest you.
In addition to the options provided by your mobile operating systems, you may opt out of the collection of information on Mobile Apps as follows:
- Uninstalling the Mobile App – you can stop all collection of information by the Mobile App easily by uninstalling the Mobile App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the Mobile App marketplace or network;
- Opt out of interest-based advertising – see the instructions below Note that the effect of opting out of targeted advertising will be to prevent targeted advertising, but will not prevent you from seeing all advertisements. Information may still be collected and used for other purposes (such as research, online services analytics or internal operations, and to enforce your opt-out preferences):
- For Apple Users:
- iOS 7 or higher, you can change your settings in the following location: Settings > Privacy > Advertising
- iOS 6, you can change your settings in the following location: Settings > General > About > Advertising
- iOS 4 or 5, you can opt out following the instructions here
For further information please see Apple’s website here.
- For other major mobile platforms:
- Open the platform account settings
- Select Ads
- Opt out of location data go to “settings” on your mobile device to opt out of the collection of location data.
- Opt out of Cross-App Data Collection – the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) offers a separate choice tool for the collection of cross-app data on a mobile device for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses. To exercise choice for companies participating in this choice tool, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app (see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices).
Where required by applicable law we provide online visitors with access to personal information they provide through online services and the ability to review, update and correct it as and when necessary. Such requests may be subject to a small fee. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to your personal information.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Links to Other Websites: